April 3, 2002
The Vice Rector I for Academic Purposes meet with UB’s lecturers and make a decision to establish a Program of Social Sciences (Social & Communication).
April 22, 2002
A team is appointed to compose a proposal.
September 24, 2002
Following a feasibility study, a Directorat of Higher Education Decree is issued on the feasibility of UB to establish the Program of Social Science.
The Rector of UB and the Vice Rector I for Academic purposes initiated the Study Programs of Sociology and Communication Science.
May 29, 2003
A seminar of competency-based education is held along with the issuance of Permit in Principle for the opening of Program of Social Sciences.
November 13, 2003
The permit to open two Study Programs is issued.
February 3, 2004
Program of Social Sciences as the umbrella institution for the two study programs is established.
July 1, 2004
A Managing Organization started to operate.
August 30, 2006
Sociology Study Program receives an extension permit following a two year evaluation with the issuance of a Decree from the Directorate of Higher Education. The Communication Study Program also receives similar Decree.
June 22, 2007
UB receives a permit to open Psychology Study Program.
To be a prominent faculty towards a world-class university that cares about national development through education, research, and community service.
- Develop education in Sociology, Communication Science, International Relations, and Psychology
- Provide education in social sciences with 60% theory and 40% practice.
- Apply a system of study which is adaptive and sensitive to the development of technology and science.
- Making a partnership cooperation with professional companies and institutions to produce alumni with quality that suits the demand of job market.
- Publish scientific journals to motivate and accomodate scientific development.
- Conduct continuous program for the development of lecturers' and staffs' development.
- Provide infrastructures for the development of students' skills through involvement in organization.
July 6, 2007
UB receives a permit to open International Relations Study Program.
February 29, 2008
With 2 departments (Sociology and Communication Science departments) and 4 study programs (Sociology, Communication Science, Psychology and International Relations Study Programs), the Rector issues a Decree, in support to a Directorate of Higher Education's Decree, to open the Faculty of Social Science.
of Social Sciences
Veteran Malang 65145
Phone: (0341) 575755,551611 Ext. 322
fax: (0341) 575755